Monday, November 2, 2009

mike komisarek doesn't really get it


1.

"I guess if they didn't love me when I was here they wouldn't be booing, so I must have done something right when I was here,"
—mike komisarek

2.

i wasn't at the game, but i would have booed my brains out if i was. my boos would represent a great many things, none of them being boos of appreciation for the things MK#8 did as a player here.

one loud boo for taking the money and ditching the team. another one for joining the hated leafs. but the majority of my boos are boos of disappointment, shock and disbelief: who do you think you are, mike komisarek?

you lost your edge somewhere between attacking XXX? in 2003 and "fighting" milan lucic in 2008 and gainey was Still willing to give you $4 mil+ a year. because you were part of the team, man. you could have been captain here one day. you've changed.

3.

the boo is the inverse wave of the cheer. for every cheer we have leveled at the exploits of mike komisarek we are now due one boo. our fandom and enthusiasm have been betrayed and we exposed as simpletons, fools who thought far too highly of a player who took the first paycheck out of town at the earliest possible instant like a frontier-town whore.

my years of cheers and HOPE embarrass me now, as if i was taken in on some bunco swindle, i was sold a bag of rough diamonds and was left with only charcoal. or not even: i was left with only the empty bag.

mike komisrarek is a selfish swindler and perhaps the biggest turn-coat in habs history. he had no known enemies on the team like corson or souray or patrick roy and no grand scandal dangling over him like kovalev or theodore or even chris higgins and still evacuated the island instantly that warm summer morning of july the first, 2000 & 9.

he deserves to be booed in montreal until the end of his time and beyond.

No comments: